Code of Ethics
As members of the Association of Canadian Search Employment & Staffing Services, we at The Source Staffing Solutions Inc., commit to uphold this Code of Ethics & Standards. We support the principles set forth below and acknowledge that compliance with these principles is in the best interests of our candidates, employees, client organizations, and the reputation of the search, employment and staffing services profession in Canada.
- We will observe the highest principles of integrity, professionalism and fair practice in dealing with clients, candidates, employees and all regulatory authorities; and will respect the confidentiality of records in accordance with law and good business practices.
- We will provide leadership in the adherence to both the spirit and letter of all applicable human rights, employment laws and regulations. We will treat all candidates and employees with dignity and respect and will not accept an order from any client that is discriminatory in any way.
- We will comply with all laws and regulations applicable to our business, and to maintain high standards of ethical conduct in the operation of that business and in our dealings with employees, clients, and competitors.
- We will take all reasonable steps to provide clients with accurate information on each candidate’s employment qualifications and experience; and will only present those candidates who have given us authorization to represent their application for employment.
- We will supply candidates and employees with complete and accurate information as provided by the client, regarding terms of employment, job descriptions and workplace conditions.
- We will ascertain that employees are assigned to work sites that are safe, that they understand the nature of the work the client has called for and can perform such work without injury to themselves or others, and that they receive any personal safety training and equipment that may be required.
- We will take prompt action to address employee questions, concerns, or complaints regarding unsafe work conditions, discrimination, or any other matter involving the terms and conditions of their employment.
- We will not recruit, encourage or entice a candidate whom we have previously placed to leave the employ of our client.
- We will not restrict the right of a candidate or employee to accept employment of their choice.
- We will not misuse membership privileges for the purpose of recruiting a member’s staff, or in any way that may otherwise injure our candidates, employees or competitors.
- We will either avoid or disclose a potential conflict of interest that might influence or might be perceived to influence personal actions or judgments.
- We will maintain the highest standards of integrity in all forms of advertising, communications and solicitations; and will conduct our business in a manner designed to enhance the operation, image and reputation of the employment, recruitment and staffing services industry.
- We will maintain personal and professional growth in human resources management by engaging in activities that enhance the credibility and value of the profession.
- We will recognize and respect the rights and privileges of competitors in the true fashion of individual initiative and free enterprise, and will refrain from engaging in acts of unfair competition.
- We will ensure that our clients, candidates and employees are aware of our duty to abide by this Code of Ethics & Standards and such supporting policies and guidelines as may from time to time be adopted by SELECT; and will undertake to bring any potential infringements before the appropriate Association body.